Arizona State University (ASU) Prep Digital
West Valley School District also partners with ASU to provide students an opportunity to attend online college courses at no cost. Open Scale Courses are a selection of popular first-year college courses available online. Through Open Scale Courses, high school students can test the college waters and begin making progress toward a college degree, in a low-financial-risk model.
ASU Explore Course benefits:
- Low risk. ZERO Cost to Students. Fully online university.
- Open to all Washington High School Students – 9th through 12th Grade.
- Earn identical academic credit. Same courses, same ASU faculty, same credit. Use the credit at ASU or another university.
- Begin today. No application required. Start making progress toward your degree immediately.
How it Works
- Fill out the request for more information here.
- Enroll in three Self-Paced Courses:
- EA 101 Foundations for Earned Admission
- ENG 101 English Composition
- College Math
- MAT 117 College Algebra
- MAT 210 Brief Calculus
- MAT 265 Calculus for Engineers
- MAT 170 Precalculus
- In January, students can choose from 22 University Level Courses through Earned Admission. Review ASU Earned Admission Course Options here https://ea.asu.edu/courses.
- Once completing select EA course work, students will have the option to enroll in ASU Dual Enrollment for full course offerings of ASU Online University Students at zero cost to families.
- Receive an official transcript with your academic credit, which can be applied toward a degree at ASU or another University.
View the Parent Webinar Video to learn more.
West Valley School District provides access to Rosetta Stone for all students.
Access the site by selecting the “Rosetta Stone” link in the WVSDStudents.org bookmarks. The username and password is the same as the student district email address and password. https://wvsd208wa.rosettastoneclassroom.com/en-US
Students enrolled in German classes have been assigned German. English Language Learner students have been assigned English. All other students have been assigned Spanish. If your student is a Language Lab user their Rosetta Stone account will have the same username and password used for Language Lab.
For assistance with your Rosetta Stone account please contact your teacher; secondary students please contact your advisory teacher. Visit our Resource Library to access Rosetta Stone video links.